Monday, October 4, 2010

i love smelly delhi.

Delhi has been great! Hanging out with everyone has been fun. We've all been enjoying dinners, rickshaw rides, and the Delhi Metro together. Shopping and bargaining has been a success. I'm buying a lot of scarves and materials! Most of the sales people laugh at me because I bargain so hard and then they give in and tell me I must be an experienced bargainer. Too good!

On Saturday, Sara and I went with Jody to see her placement at Mother Teresa's Home for the Dying and Destitute. I was excited to see it because Mother Teresa's started in India originally. Jody's been working there for a couple months and I can't even imagine how attached she must be to all the women there. The women who live there have been abandoned and it's not the easiest place to wrap your head around.

We also went to the movies this weekend to see the latest movie 'Anjaana Anjaani.' I really liked it! Here's a little clip from it. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAdGr0KRx0I

Today, Sara and I went to a Mobile Creche to volunteer with the kiddies! They are so cute I can't stand it! There's a little boy I already want to steal, of course. Today, I spent time with some of the older girls and they laughed at the Bollywood songs that I know and sang along with them. We looked through newspapers and pointed out the Indian actors. They asked me to bring in nail polish and eyeliner for tomorrow to play with. Love the kids!

Jody just posted some pictures so I'm going to steal them and post some here for you all to see:

Sara and Vicky

Andrea - Jody - Sara         -         Foot Mendhi

Rickshaw



1 comment:

  1. hahahaha those photos are amazing!! where on earth did you get them;-)

    ReplyDelete